HOW WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION
Arcsky collects both personal information and non-personal information that you provide to us. Arcsky may obtain information from you through: (i) account registration and administration of your account through the Arcsky website, online store and/or forum; (ii) online, email or telephone purchases; (iii) customer service and technical support; (iv) newsletter subscriptions; (v) navigational information about where visitors go on our website; (vi) contest registration and prize acceptance; (vii) registering your Arcsky products; (viii) providing updates to you about your Arcsky products; (ix) access to Arcsky products or services on social networks or third party services; and (x) other uses of the Services where personal information is requested for use and or/participation. This information may be collected by Arcsky or by service providers retained by Arcsky and obligated to maintain your personal information in a confidential manner.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal and non-personal information collected will depend upon the activity and may include your full name, email address, phone number, address, credit card information, professional title, birth date, or product serial number. Arcsky contest winners may be required to provide their social security number and other information for tax purposes, which will only be used for prize fulfillment purposes.
When you use Arcsky’s Services that connect to the internet, we may collect certain information as described below for such purposes as providing and improving our products and software services, tracking usage, troubleshooting bugs, providing content for referring traffic sources and improving overall performance of the Services. Such information may include IP address, browser type, profile information, preferences, aggregate user data, technical session information, information about your computer, hardware, software, or mobile device, including a device identifier, demographic information including gender, zip code and age, and navigational data. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring purposes. If you arrived at our website via a link from another webpage, we may receive aggregate or otherwise anonymous statistical information about your visit to our site. We monitor visitor site usage and traffic patterns to help us develop the design and layout of the site, and to improve the content of our website to better match the interests of our website visitors.
Arcsky allows third parties to collect non-personal information by way of cookies, web beacons, and as described below from the Arcsky website. Arcsky does not enable third parties to collect any personal information directly from the Services for their own promotional purposes. You may be able to configure your browser to accept or reject all or some cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set through your browser settings. However, by deleting or disabling cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of the website.
Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track the online movements of web users. While cookies are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded on web pages and are typically the size of a pixel. One or more of our marketing partners uses web beacons to help us better manage content on our site by informing us as to what content is effective.
Ad Servers, Third Party Advertising, and Website Analytics
Arcsky works with website analytics and advertising partners, including Google, Quantcast and Facebook, to deliver Arcsky advertisements on third party publisher websites, and these partners may set cookies on your computer’s web browser. These cookies allow our partners to recognize your computer so that the ad server can show you Arcsky advertisements elsewhere on the Internet, and so that our analytics software can measure your engagement and interactions while using arcskytech.com. As a result, ad servers may compile anonymous, non-personal information about where you, or others who are using your computer, saw our advertisements, whether or not you interacted with our advertisements and actions performed on subsequent visits to arcskytech.com. This information allows an ad network to deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you, and it allows Arcsky to optimize the performance of our advertising campaigns and the usability of our website.
Information from Other Sources
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
Arcsky may use non-personal information to improve performance of our Services, to understand how anonymous users interact with our website after seeing Arcsky advertisements, to identify and retarget advertisements to past website visitors, and to optimize the performance of our advertising campaigns.
Arcsky may use both non-personal information and personal information to enable the purchase and fulfillment of Arcsky products and services, and to improve the overall Arcsky customer and product experience.
We will primarily use your personal information to provide products and services to you, for example:
—To fulfill your order and follow-up with customer satisfaction emails. The information we ask for when you order online is used to complete the order, confirm the order and to confirm shipment of the order.
—To provide customer service and technical support and manage your account.
—To send you information about products, offers and news we think could interest you. We only send you this if you have opted-in to receive such notifications.
—To administer a giveaway, promotion, survey or other site feature and to provide you with the relevant products or services.
—To send service-related announcements when necessary to do so. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature.
—To analyze visits to our website and learn about the interests of our visitors in the aggregate and to better understand your personal interests and needs, so we can improve our products and services.
SHARING INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
Arcsky does not share, sell, or rent to other third parties for their own promotional purposes any personal information you provide to us, and will only share personal Information as outlined below or with your consent.
Third Party Service Providers
We use other third party service providers to offer or facilitate services on our behalf, such as payment processing and authorization, fraud protections and credit risk reduction, order fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation and data analysis. We may need to share personal information with these third parties so that they can perform these services, however, we limit the personal information that we give to them and authorize them to use this information only for the purpose of performing those services.
Facebook Custom Audience Ads
We may display interest-based ads to you when you are using Facebook through Facebook’s Custom Audience Tool. The Custom Audience Tool allows us to personalize our ads based on your shopping experience with us. We do not share any of your personal information or your shopping history with Facebook. This tool allows us to convert your email address to a unique number that Facebook uses to match to unique numbers that Facebook generates from email addresses of its users. You may opt-out of Facebook Custom Audience ads from Arcsky by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with this request.
We may post customer testimonials on our website which may contain personal information. We will obtain your consent via email and/or opt-in methods prior to posting your name, city, or stated activity/interest along with any testimonial.
You may be able to disclose information about yourself in the course of contributing user generated content on publicly-available areas of the Services. Such information is unencrypted, public information, may be accessed or recorded by us, and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality in such information. Any personal information you submit in the course of such activities can be read, collected, or used by other users.
If you submit your video or other content to Arcsky, we may publish it on the Arcsky website, social media channels, or applications along with certain personal information identifying you, such as your first and last name or your username, when we have your consent.
We reserve the right to access and disclose your personal information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to: (i) enforce legal rights and comply with the law; (ii) comply with an order from a government entity or other competent authority, (iii) prevent or address potential or actual injury or interference with our rights, property, operations, users or others who may be harmed or may suffer loss or damage; or (iv) protect our rights, prevent fraud and/or comply with judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Arcsky.
As with any business, it is possible that as our business develops, we might go through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all or a portion of our assets. Information that we collect, including your personal and non-personal information, is considered a business asset and will likely be disclosed or transferred to a third party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your personal information is important to us. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. We use industry standard SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption during the order check-out process to protect the confidentiality of your personal information. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are completely impenetrable.
Arcsky’s Services are intended for general audiences and not for children under the age of 14. If you are under 14, you should visit the Arcsky website and forum only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14, and if we become aware of such collection, we will take reasonable steps to delete such information as soon as practicable.
CORRECTING / UPDATING OR REMOVING INFORMATION
Arcsky users may modify or remove any of their personal information collected by Arcsky at any time by logging into their account. Users may also email us to correct or change any information by contacting Customer Support at email@example.com.
OPT OUT / UNSUBSCRIBE
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and other communications, you may opt-out of receiving them by following the instructions included in each newsletter or communication or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to opt-out from receiving communications from any third party that is not our agent or service provider, please contact that third party directly.
ARCSKY CONTACT INFORMATION
PO Box 13131
Minneapolis, MN 55414
UPDATES TO PRIVACY INFORMATION
Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Arcsky, LLC via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Arcsky, LLC, or us
Arcsky, LLC of PO Box 13131Minneapolis, MN 55414;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronxic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Arcsky, LLC and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Arcsky, LLC and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.arcskytech.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Arcsky, LLC is the "data controller". This means that Arcsky, LLC determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
d. web browser type and version (automatically collected);
e. operating system (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Arcsky, LLC will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
c. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
c. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied about our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
Who we share Data with
12. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to fulfill orders or deliver requested content.;
Keeping Data secure
13. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
c. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
14. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
15. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
17. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
18. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
19. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
21. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
22. Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA.
23. We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
24. To ensure that your Data receives an adequate level of protection, we have put in place appropriate safeguards and procedures with the third parties we share your Data with. This ensures your Data is treated by those third parties in a way that is consistent with the Data Protection Laws.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
27. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
28. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
30. All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
31. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Arcsky, LLC to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
32. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
33. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
34. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
35. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
36. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
37. For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
40. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
41. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Arcsky, LLC by email at email@example.com.
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictly necessary cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies
We use this session cookie to remember you and maintain your session whilst you are using our website.
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
Authentication, Customization, Security and Other Functional Cookies
Performance And Analytics
We use the following functionality cookies:
We use this cookie to identify your computer and analyze traffic patterns on our website.